With over 45 years of experience, the Conway Centres are experts in providing unique residential visits for schools across the UK.
Winners of the 2023 School Travel Awards’ Best Residential Experience, Conway Centres provide high-quality outdoor adventure and cultural residential courses which empower, inspire, challenge and develop young people, making an educational and life-changing difference.
Here are 5 reasons you need to experience the best residential…
1. Unique centres in stunning locations
With four centres across North Wales and Cheshire, Conway Centres are situated in some of the best locations.
- The cosy Delamere centre situated in the forest is perfect for Year 1 and 2 to experience their first ever residential, with activities integrated into the unique surroundings.
- With its very own roundhouse and archaeological dig, the Burwardsley centre instantly immerses children in the Iron Age era, making it perfect for Year 3 and 4.
- Tattenhall is the largest Cheshire centre and has a range of activities from high-ropes, land-based and the Arts.
- Anglesey is home of high adventure – with water-based, land-based, high-ropes, arts and various off-site activities – this centre is great for older primary school children and for secondary schools.
2. Schools say staff are a significant highlight of their stay
At Conway Centres, the tutors are the most qualified and dedicated staff who are experienced in the education field. From outdoor tutors, who have completed relevant degrees and have years of experience in the sector, to the arts tutors who have worked with leading artists across the world – the team will support you from the moment you book through to when you are settled back in the classroom.
With a tutor team who have a combined 195 years of experience, Conway Centres’ staffing model focuses on staff that are with them for years, rather than seasonal…
“We were massively indulged by having the highest calibre of teaching staff with us. Having visited so many different residential centres over the years, the quality of the staff is so incredibly important and you’ve nailed it. ”
St Mary of The Angels Primary School, Ellesmere Port
3. Every day is a school day with curriculum-linked programmes
The Conway Centres provide residentials that offer students an opportunity to immerse themselves in various learning topics.
Whether you are a primary school wanting to link your residential with topics such as Iron Age, Natural Habitats or the Romans, or a secondary school wanting to experience an exam support or revision residential, the centres understand a residential should be an extension of your classroom learning which is why they ensure the curriculum is at the heart of everything they do.
4. Tailored residentials with clear learning outcomes
At Conway Centres, they know that every residential should be as unique as the school that visits them which is why their specialist team can support you with creating a bespoke programme that supports your school’s focus and your children’s needs.
Do you have a particular subject area you want to incorporate in to your residential? Or personal development goals? Speak to the team who specialise in creating bespoke courses.
“Post covid our children needed to develop their resilience & problem-solving skills - the course definitely helped us with this.”
Peartree Primary School
5. Progression at Conway Centres
At Conway Centres, they offer progressive residential visits where children can visit all centres at different points of their school years, with the comfort that they are welcomed back by the same familiar faces.
Primary schools tend to start their school residential visits in Year 2 where children experience their first ever residential at the Delamere centre before they progress to the Burwardsley centre in Year 3. In Year 4 or 5 schools bring their children to visit the largest Cheshire centre Tattenhall, before they visit the largest centre Anglesey which is perfect for a Year 6 residential.
From visiting in KS3 for a transition to secondary residential all the way to KS4 where they can experience a revision adventure residential that combines adventure activities with revision sessions – secondary schools bring each year group every year where children and young people will have a brand-new experience every time.