Our terms and conditions of use are meant to protect this website for the thousands of visitors who use School Travel Organiser, its services and facilities.
The School Travel Organiser website publishes the majority of its content for all users, although there are limits imposed on the number of stories and features you can read if you are not registered with the site. The number of stories can change at the publisher’s discretion and without notice.
Our registration pages provide different options, depending on the level of personal information you are happy to provide (we do not share your details with any third party). Gating messages also inform you when you have hit your allocated limit. Note that content limits and gating are subject to change, without notice.
School Travel Organiser welcomes comments from registered users of our website via its moderated commenting function. Where commenting is switched on (this will be on selected stories) you will find the opportunity to add a comment at the bottom of the page. We invite you to share your views about stories and subjects and encourage debate, but we will not permit any offensive or obscene language, threatening or abusive behaviour, trolling, self-promotion or selling, spam, infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
While we cannot review all comments for accuracy, we reserve the right to reject comments based on the above or if we consider, on the balance of probabilities, the comment to contain deliberate falsehoods.
Should users violate these terms or act inappropriately, we reserve the right to remove the website account of the person concerned.
School Travel Organiser, and its parent company Yandell Media Group, including its directors and employees are not responsible for the comments posted by users, and this service is used at your own discretion.
schooltravelorganiser.com reserves the right without obligation or responsibility, to monitor the materials posted on the schooltravelorganiser.com web site and pages. schooltravelorganiser.com reserves the right to remove or modify any such material that at, schooltravelorganiser.com sole discretion, violates, or may violate, any third party right, applicable law or this agreement. You remain solely responsible for the content of the materials you post in any area of the service and your private eMail messages should such services be available to you. Users are responsible for all content submitted to schooltravelorganiser.com and will be held legally accountable when necessary. schooltravelorganiser.com reserve the right to make amendments or modifications to any material posted, incorporated into other documents or records as fits schooltravelorganiser.com requirements.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Copy any software or content provided to you by schooltravelorganiser.com.
- Translate any software or content provided to you by schooltravelorganiser.com.
- Merge any software or content provided to you by schooltravelorganiser.com with another program or modify any software or content provided to you by schooltravelorganiser.com.
- Reverse-engineer, disassemble, decompile, or make any attempt to discover the source code underlying the services offered by or in connection with schooltravelorganiser.com.
Right to Refuse Service
schooltravelorganiser.com, the website in partnership with the School Travel Organiser’s Guide reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time, for any reason and without prior notice.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- No profanity, or harassment.
- No hate or racist propaganda.
- No illegal activity under any law.
- No nudity or pornographic material.
- No material that violates or infringes third party rights.
If you think material you use may be questionable, contact us for a review before using the service.
You understand that information available to you from third parties through the service may include materials that are unedited or offensive to you and that your access to such materials is at your own risk. schooltravelorganiser.com and its affiliates hereby disclaim any responsibility for or control over such materials. In addition, schooltravelorganiser.com and its affiliates disclaim any responsibility for the use of any personal information that you may choose to disclose in connection with the use of this service.
Third Party Service/Products
We urge you to verify the validity of third party services or products sourced at schooltravelorganiser.com or partners and affiliates including advice offered in chatrooms, via email or posted directly to any web pages etc. schooltravelorganiser.com accepts no liability for the conduct of third parties or for losses incurred from contact with such third parties.
schooltravelorganiser.com reserves the right to modify or discontinue the service, or any portion of the service, with or without notice to you, and shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any consequences arising from such modification or discontinuation.
schooltravelorganiser.com retains ownership and all rights to schooltravelorganiser.com and schooltravelorganiser.com name, logos, software, media products such as databases, reports, website, downloaded material and all information unless otherwise stated.
schooltravelorganiser.com respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask our users to respect those rights as well. You should not breach existing or claimed property rights when using schooltravelorganiser.com. You should not copy & paste or re-key printed material elements of copy written material for publication at schooltravelorganiser.com. schooltravelorganiser.com use promotional material such as packaging/record/video sleeve art etc in a ‘fair usage’ context, respective copyrights apply.
Either you or schooltravelorganiser.com may cancel your use and access to the service at any time for any reason, or for no reason. You may cancel your use by stopping the use of the service and its web pages. All original material added to schooltravelorganiser.com listings become the property of schooltravelorganiser.com.
You agree and understand that you are using the service and this web site at your own risk. The service and this web site are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. schooltravelorganiser.com makes no warranties with respect to the service, either express or implied, and schooltravelorganiser.com hereby disclaims to the fullest amount allowed by law, any warranties of satisfactory quality, quiet enjoyment, merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. You acknowledge and agree:
- That the service may contain bugs, defects and errors.
- That the service may be unavailable or inaccessible to you for substantial periods of time.
- That lost or corrupted data, including online and on your own computer is not the responsibility of schooltravelorganiser.com
- You agree to back-up onto your own system, if possible, any data or information you do not want to lose. No oral advice or written information given by schooltravelorganiser.com, its employees, affiliates, or the like, will create a warranty; nor may you rely on any such information or advice.
Limitation of liability
Under no circumstances, including negligence, will schooltravelorganiser.com, or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, reliance, special, exemplary or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the service or this web site. This includes but is not limited to reliance on any information obtained via the service, or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or e-mails, loss of or damage to data, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation, or in transmission, or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to schooltravelorganiser.com records, programs or services, lost profits or goodwill.
You hereby acknowledge that the foregoing limitation applies to you regardless of the theory of liability (including breach of contract, negligence and strict liability) that this provision will apply whether or not schooltravelorganiser.com is given notice of the possibility of such damages, and that this provision will apply to all content, merchandise or services available through the service, or from schooltravelorganiser.com or its affiliates. In addition, schooltravelorganiser.com disclaims all liability regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other users (including unauthorised users, or “Hackers” of the service. schooltravelorganiser.com is not responsible for the procurement of substitute goods or services.
Upon request of schooltravelorganiser.com, you shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless schooltravelorganiser.com, its affiliated companies, employees, agents and licensees, from any claims, losses, damages, expenses, and fees including without limitation reasonable solicitors fees, arising out of or relating to your use of and enrolment in the services, including without limitation any violation of this agreement.
E-mail broadcasting and your data
If you chose to opt in to receive information from us when registering with schooltravelorganiser.com, your e-mail address will be added to our database. By opting in you indicate to us that you are willing to receive e-mail broadcasts from School Travel Organiser and if you choose to, selected third party travel trade suppliers. In future, you can opt out of e-mail from School Travel Organiser, third parties or both by using a simple ‘opt out’ link.
From time to time, School Travel Organiser organises and runs various competitions for its readers to enter. These competitons can be promoted in the magazine, website, across social media, e-mail and other channels at the discretion of STO. The terms and conditions associated with these competitions are:
1. Competitions run by School Travel Organiser are free to enter unless specified.
2. All competitions, unless specified, are open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of Yandell Media Group (publisher of School Travel Organiser), their families, agents and anyone else connected with the competition promotion.
3. Deadlines will be stated and competitions will close at any time on the date shown. Therefore entries should be received before this date to guarantee inclusion.
4. School Travel Organiser and its publisher accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach us by the relevant closing date for any reason.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. To enter fill in your details as directed on the relevant competition entry forms.
7. All correctly completed entries will be entered into the competition, with a winner(s) or runners-up drawn randomly by School Travel Organiser.
8. Prizes are clearly stated on each competition and are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, School Travel Organiser and its competition partners reserve the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice.
9. The winner(s) will be notified via email or telephone following the competition deadline and draw. Winners who do not respond within 7 days of being notified may lose their prize, which will then be offered to a substitute winner.
10. School Travel Organiser will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering the competitions, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by School Travel Organiser and its publisher for the purposes of the administration of the draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. Winner details will be passed on to the competition partner as required, in order for the prize to be organised.
11. The winner(s) agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
12. School Travel Organiser may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions or if it is believed that the entrant has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition and its draw, manipulating entries, hacking, deceiving, or cheating.
13. By entering any competitions run by School Travel Organiser, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Copyright Yandell Publishing Limited, all rights reserved