The much-awaited Silverstone Experience will open on 25th October with school packages available.
It will use the excitement of motor sport to inspire young people to understand the possibilities that Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) learning can have on their futures.
Located at the Silverstone Circuit in Northamptonshire, it will welcome school groups, taking them on a journey through the past, present and future of Silverstone and British motor sport.
Pupils can learn about engineering and technology that has changed the world of motor sport in the Technology Lab before exploring part of the retired circuit to see what’s racing around the track on the day of their visit.
There are two dedicated learning spaces for school workshops located on the first floor and there’s a dedicated lunch area for schools to use too.
School children will also be able to take part in one of the STEM workshops to suit all ages and abilities that link to key stages in the national curriculum and support learning outside the classroom. An example is the Key Stage 4-5 Careers in Motor Sport Engineering session which will engage students with roles available in the motor sport and engineering sectors.
What’s included in a school visit?
- Entry to The Silverstone Experience with accompanying self-led activities to guide school groups through the exhibition.
- Free entry to the Heritage Track Trail allowing your pupils to explore a retired section of the Grand Prix Circuit.
- Free teacher tickets; one for every five Primary students and one for every ten Secondary students.
- Coach and minibus parking.
- Teacher planning tickets for two teachers to visit any time before the trip.
- Access to a designated school lunch space.
- Free resources to use in the classroom before and after your visit.
Make a provisional booking by filling out the online form, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01327 320424.