All the details you need to know…
1. The Year 2024 School Travel Awards will run from October 2023 until November 2024. However the organisers reserve the right to amend or change the dates at any time without prior notice.
2. The 2024 Awards presentation Ceremony is normally scheduled for November 2024. However the organisers reserve the right to amend or change the date or the Ceremony venue and the nature and type of Awards Ceremony presentation at any time without prior notice.
3. Categories: details can be found via this link.
4. Yandell Publishing Ltd., the organiser of the School Travel Awards will offer category partnership opportunities to companies and organisations servicing the group travel and school travel sector at a price deemed to be fair and reasonable by the organisers. Companies or organisations are not allowed to support an Award category for which they may potentially be nominated or voted for, unless agreeing to withdraw as a potential candidate for the Award category in question.
5. Payment for category 2024 partnerships will be due by 1st October 2023 when the publicity campaign commences (invoiced September 2023), or if booked after 1st October 2023, not later than 28 days from the date of formally confirming the category partnership with Yandell Publishing Ltd.
6. Cancellation: Category partners should note that cancellation charges will apply on all occasions and in any circumstances for cancellation of category partnerships by the Awards Partner. A full 100% non-refundable charge of the agreed category partnership total will be payable in full to Yandell Publishing Ltd., unless cancellation notification is received by Yandell Publishing Ltd., in writing, within 14 calendar days from the date of the category partnership contract. All standard Yandell Publishing commercial terms and conditions apply, which you can find via this link.
7. Category partners of the Year 2024 Awards will get first refusal for partnering the same category again for 2025 by a set deadline, although Yandell Publishing reserves the right to vary the terms of contract and the annual cost. The deadline for decisions for the Year 2025 Awards will be 15th December 2024. After this date the category will be offered to the open market.
8. Voting for the School Travel Awards 2024 will be available online at www.schooltravelorganiser.com/awards and promoted to the school travel market through School Travel Organiser magazine, our e-mail databases and by any other means deemed appropriate by the organisers.
9. Votes for the categories will only be accepted from teachers and educational visit coordinators, who must work for or represent schools in Britain. The exceptions to this rule include the awards for Education / Learning Team of the Year and School Trip Champion which accept nominations from travel providers, in addition to teachers and EVCs before shortlisting is conducted and a winner chosen. In addition, for the ‘My Best School Trip’ Award, teachers and EVCs are asked to enter a trip and for that entry to follow an agreed format with specific criteria, which is made available through the Entry Pack provided. Details of how our award categories operate will be published in School Travel Organiser magazine and through the School Travel Awards website at the appropriate time.
10. Deadlines: the final deadline for votes in relation to the Year 2024 Awards will be published in School Travel Organiser magazine and made available through the Awards pages of the website when voting and nominations begin.
11. Finalists of category awards will normally be informed that they have been shortlisted in good time prior to the ceremony. The finalists will then be given a deadline to respond in order to confirm they are happy to be shortlisted and will attend the ceremony to collect the award should they win. Their finalist status will then be made public via School Travel Organiser magazine, its website and social media channels.
12. Should any finalist not be in a position to attend the Awards Ceremony or to participate online, or fail to formally confirm that they are happy to be shortlisted by the deadline given; the publisher of School Travel Organiser has, at its absolute discretion, the right to rescind their finalist status and they will no longer be eligible for the Award. A winner’s award will only be presented to a category winner if the business or company nominated is trading at the time of the awards ceremony and not in administration or if it has ceased trading. In such circumstances the award will go to the next runner-up.
13. Award partners will receive a free table for 8 persons at the awards ceremony and as part of their package and must attend the event to present the award for the category agreed. The ceremony normally combines with an Awards lunch, although the organisers reserve the right to vary the style, format and timings of the presentations without prior notice. The Awards Partner accepts this obligation when contracting to the Awards and accepts that in the event of non-attendance of the ceremony, no credit or refund made for becoming a partner will be made by School Travel Organiser magazine or Yandell Publishing Ltd., as a result of such non-attendance.
14. The organisers reserve the absolute right, without prior notice, to revise or change the date of the Awards Ceremony and any Awards Lunch or Dinner, including but not limited to the location of the Awards Ceremony and any Awards Lunch or Dinner, and the nature and format of the event at any time, at their full discretion. In such circumstances the organisers will inform the Partner or Sponsor or any Participants in writing of any changes that the organisers believe to be appropriate to facilitate the successful conclusion of the Awards or promotional programme. If the organiser gives such notice to the Partner or Sponsor or Participant, the organiser shall be entitled to retain all monies paid to the organiser prior to service of such notice and to seek immediate payment of all monies due and outstanding to the organiser from the Partner or Sponsor or Participant.
15. Photography / Filming: Please note that photographs and videos will be taken at this event for publicity purposes which may be used either during the event or over the post-event period. By attending this event, it is implied that partners and participants give consent for the organisers to use any images of attendees for promotional purposes either by Yandell Publishing, School Travel Organiser, or third-party media. Such promotional use may include magazines, promotion literature, advertising, galleries, video coverage, social media, websites and poster artwork, and any other medium deemed appropriate by the organisers.
16. The organisers of the awards lunch or dinner reserve the absolute right to refuse admission to the venue and luncheon without explanation. Correspondence will not be entered into. Competitive media to School Travel Organiser magazine or Group Leisure & Travel magazine, or its portfolio of publications and media products are not permitted to attend the awards luncheon or ceremony.
17. In the event of a communicable disease including a viral infection or pandemic and / or any resultant official warning or instructions to prevent the assembly of people at a given place or at a given time, or any restrictions following any recommendation or legislation by the World Health Organisation or UK Government that public events may not be staged or can proceed, the organisers are not responsible for any consequential loss should its own event or events or exhibitions be affected, postponed or cancelled, and the organiser will not refund deposits and / or any other payments or deposits either paid, accrued, pending or which are due for payment, or contracted to be paid at a future date. Customers of the organiser who are partners, sponsors, advertisers and / or exhibitors, should ensure that their own event insurance adequately covers them for such eventualities or circumstances, as the organiser will not be found liable for repayments or damages or any consequential loss in such prevailing circumstances.
18. An Awards Review confirming the winners of the Year 2024 Awards will be circulated within the first available edition of School Travel Organiser magazine deemed appropriate by the organiser or publisher following the awards ceremony. This will also detail the partners of the categories. Advertising opportunities will be made available to winners and finalists and to Award Partners as part of the standard partnership package, or to any business or organisations, who in the opinion of the publisher, is suitable for inclusion in this publication. All advertising bookings are subject to the normal terms and conditions of acceptance for advertising bookings for School Travel Organiser magazine, which are available upon request.
19. Partner Advertising: Partner packages include an A4 advertising page in the Awards Brochure published after the Awards Ceremony and all partner or other advertising is booked in the Awards Brochure section of School Travel Organiser magazine in a run-of-paper position (ROP) and therefore the placing and positioning of the partner advertising is at the full discretion of the publisher of School Travel Organiser magazine. Partner adverts will not be placed against the category editorial of the specific category it has partnered unless the winner or a finalist has not taken the page opposite the category editorial. In such circumstances the Publisher will use its best endeavours to place partner adverts against the category editorial, but this is not guaranteed. All adverts are subject to normal terms of acceptance of advertising available from the publisher.
20. Voting for the Year 2024 School Travel Awards is not open to employees of School Travel Organiser, their families or to employees of Yandell Publishing, or their families.
21. If for any reason the publisher of School Travel Organiser magazine has reason to believe that any form of ‘vote rigging’ or manipulation of voting is being attempted, the publisher has the absolute right, at its discretion, to disqualify the votes in question.
22. Details of all votes and voters will be kept private and confidential. Names and addresses of voters or how they voted will not be disclosed for any reason. The voting procedure is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulations.
23. In the event of a tie in respect of reader voting, or the votes of any judging panel, a casting vote will reside with the publisher of School Travel Organiser magazine.
24. Award Ceremony tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability and the nature of the ceremony event. Cancellations of any booked tables or tickets at the ceremony are subject to an administration fee of 30% of the total cost and that refunds are not available should Ceremony bookings be cancelled after 1st August 2024.
25. Those booking tickets and attending any Awards Lunch / Dinner and Ceremony should advise the event organisers at School Travel Organiser of any dietary requirements or special requests when completing the booking form, or at least ten working days prior to the lunch. Any requests after this time cannot be guaranteed.
26. All special guests, presenters and performers appear at the Awards Lunch / Dinner and Ceremony subject to professional work commitments and the line-up and attendance is subject to change without notice. No refunds will be given if the advertised line-up changes or does not appear.
27. In relation to all rules and regulations covering the Year 2024 Awards and its Awards ceremony, the publisher’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
These rules and regulations are the copyright of Yandell Publishing Ltd., PO Box 5122, Milton Keynes MK15 8ZP. They may not be reproduced or copied in any form without the written permission of the copyright holder.
Looking ahead to the School Travel Awards 2025
Updated terms and conditions for 2025 will be published shortly after the 2024 ceremony takes place and the initiative is completed in November 2024. The above T&Cs can be used as a guide to the 2025 promotion and ceremony. However, for any specific information and to contact the organisers please click here.