The popular children’s story book has been adapted for stage and has just started a UK tour which is set to run until December.
Visiting various theatres across the UK, the show will finish its tour at North Finchley Arts Depot, where it’s running from 5th to 31st December.
The musical play is adapted and directed by David Wood. It is based on the children’s book which was written by Judith Kerr and first published in 1968.
Synopsis: The Tiger Who Came To Tea
Sophie and her mother are just about to sit down for tea when the doorbell rings. The last thing they expect to see is a big stripy tiger standing at the front door who has come to join them for afternoon tea.
After a successful run in the West End, the ‘tea-guzzling tiger’ returns for this family and school friendly show, which will include sing-a-longs and “clumsy chaos”.
The show is suitable for anyone above the age of three and is best suited to Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils, linking in to the literacy curriculum.
Selected tour dates
The show will be touring during the summer holiday, but there are also plenty of dates and venues available for the new academic year.
• Wimbledon Theatres: 8th - 10th September
• Coventry Belgrade theatre: 13th - 16th September
• Northampton Derngate: 22nd - 24th September
• Margate Theatre: 7th - 8th October
• Southampton Mayflower: 13th - 15th October
• Bath Theatre Royal: 26th - 29th October
• Aldershot Princess Hall: 10th - 12th November
• Chesterfield Pomegranate Theatre: 10th - 12th November
• Norwich Playhouse: 20th November - 8th December
• North Finchley Arts Depot: 5th - 31st December
More dates and venues are available and can be found on the website.
Teachers should contact their chosen theatres for details on school booking information.
For more information, visit www.tigerstealive.com.